The cruise companies have been working hard to eliminate the challenges posed by Covid-19 and give their customers confidence that they are safe to travel. All cruise passengers and I think all travellers are going to require a vaccine before embarking on any travel or on a cruise ship from now on.
Here are some of the new features on any cruise ship:
– Enhanced cleaning onboard,
– health screening prior to embarkation,
– larger medical facilities and
– quarantine facilities onboard,
– more medical staff
– and gone are the buffets with staff serving rather than self service
In New Zealand there are still a lot of people hesitant to commit to a cruise but don’t be swayed by this Government scaring us as there are still a lot of people booking in their future travel and the recent Princess Cruises World Cruise release for 2023 is proof of that.
Cruise companies are reporting record sales and Silversea Cruises’ new 2022-2023 itinerary release has affirmed the willingness of guests to discover the world once more. Silversea Cruises released 315 new voyages and has since “recorded exceptional interest”.
To encourage guests into making the commitment to book their future cruise there are lots of incentives such as:
– Savings of up to 40% if you book by a certain date
– Reduced deposits
– Shore excursions being included
– Cruise with confidence so you can cancel up to 30 days prior to departure without penalties
– Covid-19 Protection should a guest or member of your party test positive within 30 days prior to the cruise, the guest will received 100% Future Cruise Credit or 100% refund.
Each cruise company has their own policies but this is an example of what is on offer.
So if you were thinking that you would like to cruise again in the next few years, get your skates on and let us help you choose where you want to go. Would I get on another cruise? You betcha and I already have my cruise booked with friends for 2022!
Carolyn is the Owner of The Luxury Holiday Company.